Find out how you can connect your Google Analytics account to your online store.
Google Analytics allows you to get detailed statistics about your sales and customers. With Google Analytics installed, you can:
- Track your site traffic and where that traffic is coming from (Facebook, Instagram, Google searches etc.)
- View metrics like bounce rates and pageviews
- Measure conversions and sales
- See the keywords customers are using to find your site
- Implement remarketing to target past visitors to your site
How to create a Google Analytics account
If you already have a Google Analytics account, skip this section and read “Connecting Google Analytics to TAKU eCommerce” below.
- 2.Sign in to your Google/Gmail account or create a new one.
- 3.Click “Sign Up” in the top right hand corner.
- 4.Fill in the required fields/information: your Account Name, Website Name, Website/Instant URL, Industry Fields, and Reporting TIme Zone.
- 5.Under “Data Sharing Options”, check the boxes next to the options you prefer.
- 6.Now, click on the button “Get Track ID”.
- 7.The Google Terms of Service Agreement will pop up - click agree.
- 8.Google Analytics will now generate a Tracking ID for your site.
Now that you’ve created a Google Analytics account and have your Tracking ID, follow the instructions below to link Google Analytics to your website.
Connecting Google Analytics to TAKU eCommerce
- 2.Click on Account in the bottom left hand corner and then “Property Settings”.
- 3.Copy your Tracking ID.
- 4.From your TAKU eCommerce dashboard, hover over “Settings” under “Configuration” and click on “General”.
- 5.Click on “Tracking & Analytics”
- 6.Paste your Tracking ID in the “Google Analytics ID” field.
- 7.Click on the “Save” button to save the changes.
- 9.Click “Ecommerce Settings” under the view column.
- 10.Click on the toggle to switch it to “ON'' under “Enable Ecommerce'' and under “Enable Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting”.
- 11.Click on the “Save” button.
That’s it! You’ve now connected your TAKU eCommerce store to Google Analytics.
Remember: The first results in Google Analytics will appear after 24 hours.