Setting Up Online Payment Options
With online payment methods, you can accept credit/debit cards, PayPal, in your online store. Your store supports select third-party payment systems and integrations to PayPal and Stripe to process your transactions.
Your store location will determine the select payment gateways available to you. You can choose one or several of these payment gateways to accept online credit card payments from your customers.
Offering several options to your customers will increase conversion and reduce the number of abandoned carts. We recommend not using more than two or three.
You can activate or change a payment provider from TAKU eCommerce Payment page.
When setting up your payment gateways, keep in mind that:
- Your TAKU eCommerce online store does not handle payments directly.
- Payment gateways do charge transaction fees.
- Your TAKU eCommerce online store does not charge any additional transaction fees.
- Payment gateway availability depends on your location.
- Make sure the payment gateway supports your business.
To accept payments online, you should open a merchant account with a payment processor and choose the payment processor (gateway) when adding an online payment method to your TAKU eCommerce store. Note that every payment provider charges a different fee for processing transactions in your TAKU eCommerce store.
To add an online payment method in your TAKU eCommerce store:
- 1.From your TAKU Retail store, go to Sales Channel > TAKU eCommerce > Settings tab and click View
- 2.From your Sales Channel Setup (TAKU eCommerce) page, click Launch Control Panel to open your TAKU eCommerce store.
- 3.From TAKU eCommerce Control Panel, go to Payment.
- 4.Scroll to Add new payment methods.
- 5.Choose a payment system from the recommended payment options or scroll to the More options to accept online payments block and select a payment system from the Choose Payment Method dropdown.
- 6.Fill out the fields with the details from your account with that payment processor.
- 7.Enter the display name for this payment method at checkout:
8. Keep the Show at checkout setting as Enabled to offer this payment method at checkout.
9. (optional) Add payment instructions for this payment method at checkout:
10. (optional) Connect this payment method with particular shipping options in your TAKU eCommerce store. Customers will see this payment method only if they choose the shipping options you specify. Scroll down to Payment method availability based on shipping choice and click Limit availability by shipping method. Click Select Methods and check boxes for all the shipping methods you want this payment to be available to. Then click Select.
Your payment gateway is now set up. Try running a test order to get an idea of how this will look to your customers.
The payment gateways will display on your checkout page in order of time you set them up. You can always change that order. Some payment gateways, such as PayPal, will also show a button on the cart page.
Once a customer pays for an order, funds go to your merchant account and your payment provider has to process a transaction first. For successfully processed transactions, you can withdraw the money from your merchant account to your bank account. You can check order payment statuses in your TAKU eCommerce Control Panel > My Sales page.
You can disable or remove a payment provider if you no longer wish to use it. Once you've removed it, it no longer appears on your checkout page.
To disable a payment provider:
- 1.From your store admin, go to the Payment page.
- 2.Locate any enabled payment method and click the toggle button to disable this method to remove from the checkout page.
- 3.(optional) Click Actions, then Remove beside the relevant payment provider to disconnect the payment provider.