TAKU Retail comes with sample inventory categories enabled. You can disable, edit, add, and enable the inventory categories according to your business needs.
The following steps will guide you through the process of enabling and disabling, editing, and adding Inventory Categories.
- 1.Go to Settings → Business Settings
2. Click on Inventory Categories card
3. The Inventory Categories page will open with the sample categories Giftware and Books included.
4. To edit existing categories, click the Edit icon.
5. The Inventory Categories section will go into edit mode indicated by the yellow (Edit Mode) next to the title in the header of the section. Now you will be able to make changes to the existing inventory categories inside the table.
6. To activate or deactivate the inventory categories, click the toggle under the Active column.
7. To edit the Category Name, click on the cell in the Category Name column and type the preferred name.
8. To add a new category, you can click on the "+" icon to add a New Category or the Add Row icon.
i. Click the + button
ii. This will open a window where you can enter the details of your new category. A category name is required.
iii. The new category will be set to Active by default.
iv. Click the save icon to input the new inventory category into your table.
i. Click the Add Row icon
ii. This will put the Inventory Categories section into edit mode with a new row inserted.
iii. You can directly add the Category Name and activate your new category in the table.
iv. Once you are finished, click the save icon at the top right hand corner of the Inventory Categories page to save.