This article will guide you on how to add and manage zones in TAKU Retail.
This guide will show you how to create a zone for your business. Zones can be used to create groups of stores. For retailers with multiple locations, within a zone you can set specific currency denominations, payment tenders, stock allocations, and shippers that are applicable and unique to each zone.
Expert Tip: While many use Zones to group stores by country, it is also possible to group stores by currency, geography or language. Examples of zone splits include: East Coast, West Coast, English Canada, French Canada, etc.
The following steps will guide you through the process of creating, editing, and managing zones.
1. Go to Settings → Zones → Manage Zones
2. The Manage Zones page will open.
How to Add a Zone
1. Click the Add Row button at the top right corner of the Zone section. This will insert a new blank row in the Zone table.
2. Click the dropdown menu in the Country column to choose the country for the new zone.
3. Enter a name for the new zone in the Zone Name column.
4. Choose the currency that will be used in this zone form the dropdown menu in the Default Currency column.
5. If applicable, add cash rounding for the zone under the Cash Rounding column. If not applicable, enter "0.00". Click here for more instructions on setting up Cash Rounding.
6. Select the default cost basis from the dropdown menu for this zone.
7. Once all details have been correctly added, click the Save All button to save the new tender type.
8. The new zone will be activated by default. To make a zone inactive, see step 3 in Editing Zones.
1. To edit existing zones, click the edit button at the top left corner of the Zone section
2. The Zone section will go into edit mode indicated by the yellow (Edit Mode) next to the title in the header of the section. Now you will be able to make changes to the existing zones inside the table.
3. To activate or inactivate a zone, click the check box under the Active column.
Expert Tip: Remember that every store is associated to a specific Zone. Be careful when making a Zone inactive, as it will also make all of the stores inside of the same Zone inactive.
4. Once changes have been made, click the Save All button to save the edits.
Managing Zone Settings
1. To manage the settings of each zone, click the Settings button in the left most column of the Zone table.
2. This will take you to the Current Zone Settings page where you can change settings for the denominations, tender types, shippers, stock, and inventory doc formats. The selected zone will be shown in the yellow brackets next to the title of the page.
3. To select a different zone to manage settings for, click the dropdown menu at the top right corner and select the preferred zone from your list of zones. Zones that are inactive will be greyed in the list.
You can see the how to pages for denominations, tender types, shippers, stock, and inventory doc formats in the following guides.